Camping sites are still available!
While online reservations are no longer available, SNRA campground sites are still open on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Some designated spots will remain open until Nov. 1. Keep in mind not all amenities- such as running water, will be available. With fewer crowds this time of year, it’s the perfect time to get in some fall camping. To find out which campsites are still open call the SNRA at 208-727-5000.
Here are some tips and links to help make camping a comfortable experience.
- Watch the weather. This time of year storms can develop quickly in the Idaho mountains. Always have a plan B in the event you need to pack up.
- Like any camp trip, make a checklist of everything you need- be sure to add in extra layers and warmer footwear, along with some hats, gloves, and thermals.
- Whether you camp in an RV or a tent- extra blankets and sleeping bags rated for colder temps are a good idea.
- If tent camping, be sure you have a tarp and sleeping pads to put between you and the cold ground.
- Consider your heat source. Fires are still at high risk and could be prohibited in the area you are headed. Instead, consider a propane fire pit for outside areas.